Gran Gala Flamenco: A trip through the heart of flamenco
The most widely seen Flamenco Spectacle in the history of Barcelona.
With 18 years of uninterrupted productions, it has been a big success with the public and critics alike.
Gran Gala Flamenco is a voyage through all that Flamenco offers, where you can find everything imagined in this art form: Castenets, Dress Train Sweeps, Fans, Precious and Sensual Costumes; all along with original music. This wonderful combination is the reason for our 18 years of uninterrupted programming.
Contrary to what takes place in some Tablaos, in Gran Gala Flamenco, the spectator enjoys spectacular choreography created by the most acclaimed companies of the present panorama of Catalan and Spanish dance. It is the only Flamenco show that can be found in the two most emblematic theaters of the city: El Palau de la Música Catalana (decared Patrimony of Humanity by UNESCO, with seating for 1900) and El Poliorama, situated on the first floor of Barcelona’s Royal Academy of Sciences and Arts (with seating for 700). The Artistic Director is the acclaimed guitarist, Juan Gomez Chicuelo, who has accompanied renowned artists, such as Enrique Morente, Miguel Poveda, and Duquenque or El Cigala.
Gran Gala Flamenco is a production of Barcelona y Flamenco, the most important Flamenco Producer, known for it’s grand spectacles, namely, Opera y Flamenco and Guitarra y Flamenco.
Upcoming shows of Gran Gala Flamenco
Discover the next dates where you can enjoy the best flamenco show in Barcelona. Through Gran Gala Flamenco, the spectator will discover the intensity of the passion of the gypsy people through time and will know the new generation of flamenco artists in Barcelona.
Our shows are staged by two of the main protagonists of music and culture in Barcelona: The Palau de la Música Catalana, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, and the Poliorama Theatre on the Rambla, a historical place of great importance in Catalan cultural life. To make our shows a complete and unique experience in the city of Barcelona.
- Farruca Is one of the most recent “palos” originally from the north os Spain.
- Buleria It is a boisterous, festive and happy “palo”.
- Guajira It is a very happy and rhytmic style. The musical style that was taken from Cuba to the Canary Islands.
- Zorongo It is a popular flamenco “palo” belonging to andalucian music.
- Tangos This “palo” is one of the most oldest and rythmic in flamenco.
- Solea por Buleria It is one of the pillars of flamenco for its solemnity wich characterises its performance.
- Tanguillos It is a stylish dance, graceful and cunning.
- Alegria It is a “palo” happy and lively, it is characterised by its dynamism grace and fluidity.
- Tangos de Málaga This is a typical dance from Malaga with a festive feel.
(Program subject to changes)
Cast of Gran Gala Flamenco
- Flamenco Dancer: Lorena Oliva
- Flamenco Dancer: Maria José González
- Flamenco Dancer: Eli Ayala
- Flamenco Dancer: Nacho Blanco
- Percussion: Jacobo Sánchez
- Flamenco Guitar: Juan Gómez “Chicuelo”
- Flamenco Guitar: Santiago Amaya “El Tati”
- Flamenco Singer: Joaquín “El Duende”
- Flamenco Singer: Ana Bremes
- Flamenco Singer: Victoria Santiago “La Tana”
- Violin: Carlos Caro
What do they think of our flamenco shows?
I really liked this show! The artists, the fusion of performance and the historical place where it is presented are amazing!Inram Kada
The best Flamenco show in Barcelona ! Strength, beauty. and lots of art. Definitely the best! The theater packed to the brim and all the public standing. Chicken skin, some spectacular artists, all great, sound, lights, and they giving the best. WONDERFUL!!Teresa Talavera
The most authentic of flamenco shows.recommendable to 100%. See this show is mandatory stage as visit the holy familyEliseo Giannotta
A marvel of fusion both dancers and spectacular musicians and of course the top tenor , awesome, I loved it and recommend it.Ana Ramos
A fantastic, professional and charming show. It is undoubtedly one of the best flamenco shows in Barcelona. Excellent work. I recommend itAndrea Sanna
We are from Madrid. We visited Barcelona with a group of friends and went to see it. It was a pleasant surprise. We all left delighted. Show very well prepared. Artists with an excellent level. Choreographies very well rehearsed. It was nice to hear and see everyone. Highly recommended.Ismael Garcia
Great show. Great experience in Barcelona, I would recommend seeing this show. The dancers are amazing and so was the music. Some live guitarists would be great thoughAngelo Bennett
Incredible experience.Renato Zaffari
A great musical experience! The music was amazing, it left me with an open mouth. This lady in black and glitter dress left everyone breathless, she danced so well and with an extraordinary energy!! Bravo. The Theatre itself is beautiful!Medusa
Absolutely phenomenal!Donna Walker
SHOW IN BCN